All the workshops are done, so now it’s time to transform piles of print and spiral dyed fabric into a brilliant banner.
I’ve dyed the background fabric and the ribbon streamers.
All the scroll text is cut out. I cut the letters with bondaweb so they’ll stay in position when I stitch them.
The back panel has had its ‘first fix’ with postcard prints from years 3-6. I’ve used a brick wall pattern with stripes of different colours to echo the stripey brickwork in Greenside miners’ cottages.
This will make the back of the banner visually interesting as the children march along the street.
I’m off to do hospital workshops tomorrow – a silk painted sea, amongst other things …so more updates on Thursday 😊
3 thoughts on “The Last Shift”
It is looking fantastic Donna. You’re hand dyed fabric has such rich colours.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think this way of working is definitely becoming my ‘signature’! I have really enjoyed this project but now I’m ready to get on with some new pieces of my own!